Communication and Marketing Specialist | Independent Contractor | July 2012 – current
- Provides big picture planning for a wide range of clients while driving company growth through creative and innovative strategies.
- Specializing in Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Understanding of the essentials needed for optimizing content for SEO for search engine rankings.
- Drive traffic conversions from social media to company goals; i.e. customers registering for webinars, downloading eBooks and sharing content, or purchasing goods or services.
- Provides creative content that engages with customers on multiple levels.
- Understands how content works on a social web with a focus on which different media formats such as text (articles), video, images and podcasts resonate with a particular niche.
- Community management – creating, observing and responding to conversations within a brand’s community. Including industry appropriate responses to trolls and negative feedback.
- Develop and manage social media strategies for clients across a wide range of industries including media, healthcare, the outdoor industry, remote working, and more.
- Build editorial calendars on a weekly, biweekly, and monthly basis to support a consistent quality presence on social media for clients
- Write social media / editorial content: curate interesting content and create unique posts for our client’s social properties on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit and Google+, Blogs and Website content on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Oversee property set-up, revisions, and design (ie: Facebook Page cover images, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, contests, Twitter backgrounds, etc)
- Manage advertising campaigns across multiple platforms
- Expertise with content management services: Buffer, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck & MailChimp
- Monitor online mentions of a client’s brand and gather data for reporting
- Use social analytics tools to track progress of social media properties to improve engagement
- Analyze insights from social campaigns to determine success of content for continuous improvement
- Work quickly to craft new content for Social Media campaigns that require quick turnaround time
- Plan social campaigns by recommending budget, targeting, audience demographic, and social content to create compelling stories that result in conversions
- Stay ahead of trending social media platforms, best practices, and insights to help clients maintain a best in class social media strategy
Public News Service| Social Media Manager | Boulder, CO | July 2012 – current
Key Achievements: (contractor as of June 2015):
- Managing presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and other similar community sites
- Monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Monitoring social channels and cultivate social engagements with PNS’s audience, clients, fans and listeners
- Acting as the voice of PNS in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions
- Staying current in social media tools, trends, best practices and applications
- Research opportunities for new social marketing platforms and select adapt current process to fit industry and audience needs, launched an Instagram account in the fourth quarter of 2015 and advised starting LinkedIn and Reddit engagement
Highlights from the first two-quarters of 2016 (increases reflect growth over the 2015 averages):
- @PNS_News twitter account saw a 306% increase in followers, an impression increase of 204% and an engagement rate that rose from 0.6% to 0.8%
- Facebook engagement rose 351%, total reach rose 205%, organic reach rocketed up 433%, impressions went up 231%
- Email news subscriptions went up 40%
- Website page views went up 24% and users rose 18%
Other Accomplishments & Roles:
- Managed a complete SEO project overhaul of our two websites and social media engagement campaign
- Developed an image component for the media database including the creation of standards for input and usage. Continue to monitor quality and provide image consultation
- Key figure in the development of website upgrade including designing multiple new pages for the redesign
- Led hiring and served as liaison for contractors as the Human Resource Manager (2013- May 2015)
Mountain View High School | Teacher | Meridian, ID | August 2007 – June 2011
- Department head for photography, journalism and mass media programs.
- Managed a $30,000+ annual budget and conducted all of the needs assessment and ordering for the program serving over 500 students.
- Expanded the photography program from a one semester course to a full three-year program.
- Researched and wrote a full curriculum for three levels of photography, the newspaper program and the Introduction to Mass Media course.
- Advised the school newspaper, including a monthly print edition and a daily online edition.
Idaho Statesman | Photojournalist | Boise, ID | August 2004 – July 2007
- Award winning staff photographer covering news, sports, portraits, and features including a weekly column.
- Was a key member of the team that launched a new publication in under 5 weeks
- Created video and multimedia internet presentations using Final Cut Pro.
AmeriCorps Volunteer | Youth in Media Coordinator, Healthy Community*Healthy Youth Program | Boise, ID | October 2003 – October 2004
- Ran a variety of programs for youth including a course for a youth-led and hosted a documentary radio show.
- Wrote and produced public service announcements and press releases that resulted in a 75% increase in media coverage for events.
- Participated in and helped organize and promoted several community art and journalism projects.
- Promoted youth page to schools and the community through public speaking and marketing.
- Managed interns and volunteers.
The Times-News| Photojournalist | Twin Falls, ID | June 2001 – March 2003
- Award winning staff photographer with responsibilities covering news, sports, portraits, features, and illustrations.
- Photographed and wrote a bi-monthly column.
- Managed part-time staff and freelance photographers.
- The Ethics Resource Center|Development Coordinator|Washington, DC
- NARAL America|Special Projects/Event Coordinator|Washington, DC
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence|Resource Coordinator |Tallahassee, FL
- Attention Homes (for at risk youth) | Social Media Manager | Boulder, CO
- Boise Art Museum | Docent |Boise, ID
- Urban ArtWORKS | Assistant Artist |Boise, ID
- Boise Curling Club| Secretary |Boise, ID
Master of Arts | Mass Communication| University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill | 2000
Bachelor of Arts | English Literature| Florida State University, Tallahassee | 1994